Sunday, April 15, 2012

We are ready! :)

Finishing my to-do list!

Well, I had several things that remained on my to-do list before Cameron arrives and I am happy to say that we are pretty much ready to go! The only thing left that is really important to me is that Frank and I need to write our letters for his time capsule, but I am pretty sure we have plenty of time to do that since I am not quite 37 weeks!

This weekend Dorthy and Frank came in and helped us with some more prepping for Cameron. We went shopping for some final items on my registry, which included buying our double stroller! We are now the excited owners of the Baby Jogger City Mini GT double stroller! Before deciding to go ahead and get that stroller we looked at several other brands... with double strollers you either get side-by-side, or the kind that sort of stack on each other. In general the strollers that stack on each other do not allow for both children to be able to fully recline back. They also do not offer the amount of sun coverage that our stroller offers and are not as easy to open when you need to use it. The City Mini collapses by grabbing the straps in the seat of the stroller and it basically folds in half. To reopen you just pull it open... it is the absolute easiest stroller out there! The other double strollers have all these things you have to pull and push to collapse and you have to remove parts of it and that is just one big hassle... and one of the poor kiddos is stuck sitting right behind their other sibling starring at the back of their head. We are really happy with the side-by-side... and were even more pleased when we saw that it does indeed fit easily through the front door. :)

One other time consuming task was boiling/sanitizing bottles and pacifiers so they are available if/when needed and also organized in the cabinet. I am going to try to breastfeed, but if that doesn't work out I will be ready with the bottles! Some of what I got out was the Medela stuff for pumping as well... it brought back memories looking at all those tubes!

Lots and lots of bottles and pumping accessories!

Our super cool double stroller! :)

Emerson's gift- Shhhhh....

Another exciting purchase this weekend was our gift to Emerson for when Cameron arrives. I know there will be a lot going on and I hope that getting her own new baby doll will be fun for her. She has always taken an interest in trying to push around the stroller so when I saw this I thought it was perfect. It is just the right size for her and we also bought a diaper bag for her that has super cute things like magic bottles, a diaper, changing pad, cell phone, and a wipes container. Maybe she can take care of this baby while we take care of Cameron. :) We also have a couple of Big Sister books since she loves books too!


Isn't this the cutest thing ever??!


Final, Final Pictures of Cameron's Nursery

I posted pictures of Cameron's nursery on Facebook a while back, but I have finished up some final touches including this little chair that I LOVE. :) This weekend I put a few more things away, Frank and his dad hung the little shelf, and things were straightened up. It will be a little while before he actually uses the nursery as his room, but I am so glad it is ready to go. We really enjoy going in there and imagining our little guy in there with us.

We love the new shelf that is holding the fun beach bag, hats, and sunglasses... he is ready for the beach! (Maybe next summer!!)

Not much has changed here...

The view from the hallway... I am so happy with it!

I finished the weekend with an absolutely wonderful manicure and pedicure. It felt so good to have my sore feet soaking in the jets and to have the foot massage. I of course told them to rub away... but I don't think it made anything happen as far as going in to labor. :)

Tomorrow I have my 37 week appointment, which includes a sono for a size measurement. I am both excited and nervous to see how much he has grown. I know everything will be ok regardless of whether or not I deliver via c-section or like normal, but I am hoping to be able to try. I also am going to talk to my doctor about bed rest... I have been really pooped with work... and I am terribly uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of taking time off to have to sit around without getting to meet Cameron, but I need to take care of myself. I will have to wait and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment