Thursday, April 19, 2012

Surprise!

Today at work my coworkers surprised me with lunch at Spring Creek BBQ and when we returned to the office they surprised me again with cupcakes and goodies for Cameron!  It is so sweet of them to do this!  I have not felt as good this week due to allergies that have developed into a cold it seems and just can't get rid of it yet.  This morning I was a bit cranky when I got to work, which was later than normal because I was just dragging.  Things turned for the better though because not long after I got in I got some good news that I didn't have to be on the conference call that was scheduled from 12-2.  Yay!  I could go to lunch with Amy. I did think that my coworkers acted a little different when they told me, but I really didn't think too much of it.  I was seriously just happy to not have to be on that long conference call!  So when it was time for lunch Amy and I left and I guessed that we were going to Spring Creek because she said she had talked to Walt and asked him for suggestions of where she and I could go to lunch.  I figured that was his suggestion because I have tried to arrange lunch there a few times unsuccessfully.  But still, I thought she was just trying to have fun with where we were going since she asked me a few times before to suggest a place and I hadn't.  After Amy and I arrived we walked in around the food and to the back and ...Surprise!... all of my coworkers except poor Mark were there.  (Mark stayed behind for the conference call- thank you to Mark! ) I really was surprised because I was not expecting anyone to be there.  I really enjoyed lunch... I got the sausage plate like I always do because it is GOOD STUFF.  And I of course got some extra rolls...  man those are good.  :)  It was a great!  When we finished lunch I thought it was really nice and was thinking "ok, let's see what all I can get done this afternoon" because I really do need to get some more things finished and I was feeling pretty jolly.  That is what was on my mind as I am walking in.  I am always having to use the restroom so I did that and when I walk back in to my desk I see everyone is gathered around our celebration area by my desk.  These people had cupcakes of every flavor imaginable and some gifts for Cameron!  I ate a chocolate chunk cupcake, which was delicious.  And then I opened the gifts to find all kinds of fun stuff from my registry and some other goodies.   I was so surprised and really appreciate everyone celebrating our little guy!  I work with some really great people!  Here are a couple of pictures, plus a picture of the calendar where everyone is guessing a date if Cameron comes early.  I am not counting on this happening, but who knows!  :)

Me right after realizing they had the cupcakes and everything too!

Delicious cupcakes and goodies for Cameron!

Everyone's guess for when Cameron will be arriving!

No comments:

Post a Comment