Saturday, March 24, 2012

Emerson's trip to the Ft. Worth Zoo!

Saturday we went to the Ft. Worth Zoo with my parents and John Paul and had a great time! Getting there we had a slight hiccup... We are so used to the speed limit being 70 so Frank was driving 75 and wouldn't you know we got pulled over on 30 in Ft. Worth. Evidently the speed limit there is 60... oops! :( The officer was just standing on the left side of the road with his radar gun and waved us down. Maybe we should have gotten him to chase after us because we made it way too easy. Ha! Despite getting the ticket, we still had a marvelous day!


The weather was sunny and around 80 degrees and we couldn't have asked for it to be any better. We arrived not too long after they opened and filed in with lots of other people, but really it was not overly crowded at all. It really is a great zoo with so many things to see, especially for kiddos. This was our first trip so we didn't know what to expect or where to go, but after lots of walking we can now say we are familiar with the grounds! They have an extensive variety of animals and something for everyone. Emerson had a blast looking and pointing, walking, and trying to run out of our reach. :)


Mom made some tuna salad and had some chicken salad for our lunch so we enjoyed a nice picnic lunch before heading back in to the zoo. I was feeling tired before lunch, but was hanging in there ok, but after lunch my feet were killing me! And I was definitely doing a waddling type walk situation... a few sweet women commented that I was brave, which was nice I think. Maybe they thought I was crazy...of course they don't realize I still have 6 weeks to go!! Ha ha... I think I look like I am about to pop to other people.


Emerson got a short nap in after lunch while we walked around and after she woke up we were on our way to see the elephants and giraffes. Emerson now says the word "elephant" in a real triumphant voice that is really cute. She has a plate that we use at home that says "E if for Elephant" and really likes it. So it was fun for her to point at the elephant and say the word.


I am really glad we got to do this... we all had the greatest time. We will definitely be returning to the zoo, hopefully without a speeding ticket next time!!



Emerson ready to go in!

She loved looking at everything!

"What is over there?"




"E is for Elephant!" :)

CC and GrandPaul swinging Emerson

Mom, Dad, and Johnnie

No comments:

Post a Comment