Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dallas Blooms- Emerson having some fun!

Before little man arrives Frank and I want to spend some fun time with Emerson at local attractions. Our first is Dallas Blooms! We hope to also go to the Ft. Worth Zoo next weekend, maybe the Dallas Aquarium another weekend if we can fit it in. Also, if the bluebonnets at work are big enough we may get some pictures there this week too... though we may have to make sure she doesn't trample all of them! :) So today we thought we would head out to the Arboretum! We were not sure if the weather would hold out, but it was actually perfect! They are also having an art festival this weekend (which we checked out too) so their parking lots were completely full. They had a sign that said there was a free shuttle at Gaston and Garland Road, just a few blocks away. Frank and I were both a little apprehensive because we had a lot to carry (the stroller, diaper bag, picnic blanket, camera bag, and of course Emerson!), but we decided to go for it anyway. We didn't have to wait for a bus because one was ready to go, we loaded the stroller underneath, and I am pretty sure my belly or bags hit every passenger as I tried to shimmy down the aisle to a seat, but we got on the bus and were on our way! When we arrived the bus pulled right up to the entrance and we unloaded... it was not bad at all and we were glad we didn't turn around to go home! Emerson had a great time for sure... she loved being able to run around a little, as you will see.

Here is our silly goose!


They had some super cute cottages with information about famous artists, which we of course checked out!

This was another pretty spot for pictures... I was able to get several of Frank and Emerson.

For lunch we decided to go to the lawn where they have the concerts. You can see the lake and it is just a really pretty spot. Lots of other families were scattered on the lawn and we all enjoyed the music they had playing on the audio system. You will notice some hotdog and orange slices on Emerson's plate, but she preferred the Lay's potato chips for lunch. I can't blame her! :) After eating Frank and Emerson walked around a little before we packed up to see a few more flowers!

See, I really was there, but it is hard for me to take a pic I am ok posting!! ;)

I remember last year I got a picture of her on a bench during Dallas Blooms. Maybe I can try to do that every year.

I was wanting a picture of Emerson standing in front of the tulips, but what was I thinking?? This kid just wanted to run! :)

As you can see we had a wonderful time. I look forward the other fun stuff we have planned with Emerson. The Spring is such a beautiful time of year with the flowers and nice temperatures... we are going to take advantage of that while we can before the Summer brings those high temperatures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment