Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cameron at 32 weeks and My To-Do List!

Yesterday Frank and I got to see our little guy! As it turns out he is not so little though because they estimate he weighs 5 lbs 7 oz already! He is in the 75-95% I believe is what the doctor said. As far as measurements that puts him with a 34 week baby (2 weeks ahead). Really this is not too surprising for us because I have been thinking it is likely that he will be around 10lbs. Frank was big and my brother Justin was big when he was early! But even though this is not surprising it is a little alarming because that sounds so big! I will have another measurement at 36 weeks so we will see what happens between now and then. As long as my doctor agrees I should be able to deliver like normal I am good with things, but I really want to avoid a c-section if I can. During the sono we also saw that Cameron was head down now (yay!!), the blood flow through the umbilical cord was good, his heart rate was good, fluid levels were good, and his little boy parts were in place (sometimes this does not happen correctly, so don't laugh!). We are so happy to see things are going so well and grow even more excited each day. I can't believe we will have 2 precious little babies to hold and love on... Emerson is used to being the main attraction, but we have plenty of love to go around. We can't wait! Oh, and here was a side head shot yesterday...

So after seeing Cameron yesterday and realizing that you never know when things will happen I thought I better write out the to-do list for preparing for him to arrive! I have been thinking and storing information in my head, but writing it on a list makes me realize there is more to do than I was realizing! I was planning to wait until after the wedding and closer to Easter anyway, but we still have lots to work on. I am so glad we finished the nursery already!! So, here is the current list after my first stab:


To-do Before Cameron Arrives!

Target to complete by April 16th:


  • Get everything out of the attic:
    · Crib (which needs to be assembled as well!)
    · Bouncer
    · Mamaroo Swing
    · Car Seat/Base

  • Move some furniture:
    · Huge mirror goes upstairs
    · Chair in master goes upstairs
    · Glider comes downstairs
    · Revolving bookcase comes down

  • Work on baby book and scrapbook!

  • Email family to remind them to write letters for Cameron’s time capsule

  • Have a semi-packed hospital bag ready


Target to complete by April 30th:



  • Get the stuff in the garage:
    · Baby bath tub
    · Boppy/other pillow for feeding
    · Misc other baby stuff in the pink storage tote

  • Stock/Prepare the Master Bedroom:
    · Get the clothes in place
    · Diapers/wipes in place
    · Sheets for the crib
    · Remove any other clutter!

  • Prepare the Kitchen:
    · Do I need more Dapple?
    · Boil/Sanitize bottles in case they are needed
    · Get the drying rack back out
    · Make room for bottles in the cabinet
    · Boil/Sanitize pacifiers

  • Make sure car seat base is installed (this is easier for us this time!)

  • Have Stuff Already in the Time Capsule:
    · A few pictures of our family/house
    · Mementoes special to this time or things that happened during the pregnancy
    · Current magazines (baby magazine and a golf magazine probably)
    · Any letters already completed (probably just Frank and I since everyone was slow last time!)

  • Definitely have hospital bag ready and the ViaCord kit handy

  • Prepare Diaper bag for Cameron


Hospital List:



  • Some baby clothes

  • Hats or anything I want for hospital pictures

  • Baby blanket

  • Pacifier

  • Gown and Robe for me

  • Stool Softeners!!!

  • Via Cord kit

  • Camera and Video Camera

  • Snacks

  • Spiral notebook and pen

  • Diaper Bag
Lots to do, but it will all get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment