Monday, September 14, 2015

Sprinkle for Finley!

Yesterday, my mom, sister and sister-in-law gave me a "Sprinkle" for Finley!  It was a wonderful and beautiful shower and I enjoyed the time visiting with so many special ladies in my life.  My sister and mom worked to create a cute banner with Finley's name and also made these super cute letters, which I am going to use to create a wreath for the bedroom door.  We had an assortment of sandwiches and fruit, some tea & wine, cheese and crackers and some tasty desserts.  It was a delicious spread and everything was perfect!  As I was opening the adorable and thoughtful gifts everyone brought we shared stories and laughed at each other's experiences.  Such a great time!

I can't believe that in 4 weeks (or less!) Finley will be here.  It's always felt like such a long way off until recently.  It really started to hit as Frank was assembling some of the new baby gear.  I love our new travel stroller system, pack and play and highchair.  They are now waiting in our dining room and will soon be put to use!  We had a very busy weekend getting things more ready for Finley's arrival.  Dorthy was a tremendous help with the washing of baby clothes and helping to get things organized.  She worked most of the weekend washing and folding baby clothes.  We enjoyed looking through the new stuff and also pulling out the items I kept of Emerson's.  It's been 3 1/2 years since we had a baby and over 5 years with the cute girlie stuff.  It's going to be so fun dressing this little girl!!











No comments:

Post a Comment