Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Successful Start to the 2015/2016 School Year!

Emerson and Cameron have both started school for the 2015/2016 school year!  Emerson is now in Kindergarten and Cameron is in the 3 year old class!  As Emerson is in kindergarten, she goes 5 days a week and Cameron goes Tuesday-Thursday.  I changed to that schedule as I have learned that you get shorted several days with all of the holidays that fall on Mondays and Fridays!  Both kids are at the Bent Tree Child Development Center as well.  I am so thankful that there is a private kindergarten offering for multiple reasons.  The smaller class size is truly ideal when it comes to developing Emerson's skills and getting her ahead for when she goes to public school next year.  I had so many fears of her not doing well in kindergarten at the public school with the large class sizes that mean less one-on-one time with the students.  Also, the drop off and pick up times would be so different from Cameron's times.  It has been wonderful to drop them off at the same time and place on the days they are both attending.

Emerson absolutely loves kindergarten so far.  Her classmates are sweet little kiddos, her teacher is the nicest lady and she is already learning so much!  We have been diligent about doing her homework every week night and making sure we read 20 minutes each night.  I know for many parents, it is a super emotional time on the first days of kindergarten, but for me I have really been so happy and hopeful.  I think certainly some of the reason I have not been upset is I am so comforted by the bubble that the private kindergarten is providing for Emerson.  I'm not having to worry about her being one of the littlest kiddos in a big sea of kids at the elementary school.  I suspect next year to be a little harder as I will be juggling more of those fears along with the joy of watching her enter first grade.  We will see how that all goes!

Cameron is also very happy with his teacher and does not get upset when I drop him off.  He's such a chill kid and the teacher just loves him, as would be expected.  ;)  I was worried before about him having potty accidents, but he has done perfectly!  I'm so glad I was able to get him potty trained a couple of months ago!!

Here are a few pictures from the first day and of the classrooms, etc.  I look forward to watching these kids learn and grow so much this year!

Reading their "Night Before School" books from CC and PaulPaul  :)

Sweet Emerson all ready for kindergarten!

So happy to be there! 
The names of her classmates!

Emerson's 2nd day and Cameron's 1st!



Look at our cute 3 year old!

He was also happy to be there!

Cam's classmates!

One of Emerson's first assignments!  

No comments:

Post a Comment