Sunday, September 6, 2015

Just 5 weeks to go!

We have just 5 short weeks before we get to meet our sweet Finley Irene Paul!  Did I share that name on my last blog post about the pregnancy?  I don't think I did... it has been a long while!!

It was around the halfway point when I last shared anything on the blog, so I have lots of stuff to share since I am now 34 weeks.  We have scheduled my c-section for October 12th!  I can't wait, but at the same time, I can!  I still have so much to do!!  Thankfully everything has been going so super smoothly with the pregnancy.  I have not had any more gallbladder complications and have not had bad back pain.  I'm also not having the major swelling yet, which is really nice.  Maybe I'll be able to keep it away!!  Really, the biggest problem I am having is with my varicose veins... these nasty looking veins are popping out of my right leg like crazy.  They are painful at times and are super unsightly.  I'm not being dramatic... I wish I could get a picture of peoples faces when they get a good look.  So far I have gained around 25 pounds, which is so great for me.  With both Emerson and Cameron I gained 50 or just over so I was hoping to avoid that this time and it looks like that will be the case.  I mean, it would be way crazy to pack on that kind of weight at this point!  :)

I've been busy getting the nursery all ready, which I'll share more about once it is all ready.  But I have had much to do with refinishing all of the furniture and many accessories.  It has come together so nicely and I can't wait to bring baby girl in there!!

Next weekend my sweet sister, mom and sister-in-law are giving me a Sprinkle for Finley and my closest friends are coming.  I am looking forward to the time to visit with them and celebrate this little blessing on the way.

I've tried to really enjoy everything about this pregnancy and to let it all sink in.  It is such a gift and blessing to carry a child... to be part of such a miracle. I watch my stomach as baby girl shifts around, occasionally wincing as she stretches things that don't want to stretch.  I try to picture her all squished inside and wonder what she is up to.  Sometimes she has the hiccups, which is fun, too.  I wonder if she has dark hair or hair at all.  Will she be a big baby or more normal in size?  I feel like she will be a 7 or maybe close to 8 pounder since I am just not as big as in the past.

I have not taken nearly as many pregnancy progression photos this time as I did before, but here are some misc pregnancy photos.  I am so excited that it really is just around the corner!!

Probably my favorite picture from our vacation pictures!

22 1/2 weeks sono picture

Because Blue Bell was not available this summer, I had to find another brand to enjoy my favorite treat!


25 weeks on the 4th of July!


One of the pieces of furniture that I redid in nursery!  I'll share more when I post pictures of nursery.

I love it when the kids feel Finley move... so sweet and special.
Finley's great grandmother's... Irene Mitchell and Twillie Irene Buehring. Her middle name is in honor of these wonderful ladies.
I'm big, but not as bad as it could be!  Frank and I still joke that I am the USS Paul, though.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment