Saturday, May 30, 2015

Spring 2015- Easter, Bluebonnets and Mother's Day!

Usually in the Spring I try to take the kids to the Arboretum or to a pretty park where there are lots of tulips, but that just wasn't in the cards this year!  Since I was not feeling well, that's my next blog update, I was not at all up to the challenge of going to a park.  In addition, we had such a short time span between when the last snow came and when it was already time for Easter!  With this being the case, I think it is great that we got this super cute picture with bunnies for Easter this year and we really did have a wonderful Easter weekend with family!  The weather held out and we enjoyed an egg hunt outside after a delicious lunch!


Could our kids be any cuter??  I'm just saying...

Messy fingers after dipping the eggs!  We are new to this!

We spotted the Easter bunny after the church service!

Cam was not going to participate in the pictures!

Seriously... it's so funny to us...





Emerson was so excited to find the "golden" egg.

I knew I could get a smile out of that kid... it helped to have the bounty of Easter eggs!


Bluebonnets!
Not to sound like a broken record, but again, I usually get more bluebonnet pictures instead of these few, but couldn't get around to it this year.  I'm really glad to have gotten these pictures, though.  Thanks to my parents and sister for helping!  These were taken off the side of the feeder road on Spur 408 near Duncanville.  There the bluebonnets blanketed the sides of the highway and it was a really beautiful site.  And they were gigantic bluebonnets!  Super tall and vibrant.  I felt a little bad for squishing so many poor bluebonnets during our photo session... and the kids picked a few!  (Gasp!!)  It's a tradition though... and you know those are important!!  :)




Mother's Day
We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Mother's Day.  On the Friday before, the school had Mother's Day Tea and I was able to spend time with Emerson in her class and had some pastries after watching her class sing songs for the mothers.  On Saturday we spent time with my family where we also celebrated May birthdays.  It was Happy Mother's day to mom and Happy Birthday to my dad, brother and myself.  It is a busy month!  On Sunday, we went to church where I also got to see my sweet friend, Lindsey, who had her son, Tripp, baptized.  

Some of my goodies from the kids for Mother's Day


A sweet Mother's Day song from Emerson's class

I love my momma!  

After church on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment