Saturday, May 30, 2015

Cameron Turned Three!


When I tell someone how old Cameron is, I still have a moment of shock that he is three!  I know that is not "old", but why does it feel like he is so old now?  He is a toddler still, right?  One more year and then he is a "preschooler".  Or is he already considered a "preschooler"??  Oh man... I am just not sure, it's happening too fast.  Those around me all the time may have noticed how obsessed I have become with how cute I think this little guy is.  I just can't even stop myself many times from posting a picture of our cuddles or him just being cute.  Did I already say how charming he is?  He is such a charmer.  That little grin and sweet smile with those big teeth.  That soft blond hair that sort of curls around his face.  Those sweet little hands that will still hold mine every day.  He's dreamy y'all... he really is.  

Cam tearing into his birthday pizookie!

We had a train themed birthday party for the big boy this year.  In the last year he has really gotten in to trains and it was the perfect theme for his celebration.  As is common with a 3 year old, there were some tantrum moments the morning of his birthday party, but let me tell you, once he saw the steam train coming down the street to our house he had a smile from ear to ear.  I mean it was the BEST DAY OF HIS LIFE kind of happy.  If we could have bottled up the happiness he felt and distributed it to guests we would have all felt like we just won the lottery kind of happy. 


This was from our photo shoot for his party invitation.  :)
Here are lots of pictures from the party!  

















What is our three year old up to and what does he like??  
  • Cam is still a great sleeper and napper like he has always been.  He usually naps every afternoon, but is at a point where missing a nap isn't the end of the world.  A few months ago we moved him to a big boy bed and just recently removed the bed rails as he didn't need them.  
  • He loves playing independently and is such a good little kid.  He also loves playing with his sister and they regularly are in their own world pretending something crazy.  It's funny listening to them interact and the things they say.  
  • Food wise Cameron is a great breakfast eater usually.  He is not always a big eater at lunch or dinner and can be a bit picky.  He loves chick-fil-a nuggets and waffle fries, sometimes loves hotdogs, loves mac and cheese and really enjoys fruit... oh, and applesauce pouches.  He also likes ice cream, which is just like his dad!  
  • He is still not potty trained...  I know... I know... he is three.  I KNOW!  :)  I tried twice in the past and will be trying again for the final time in a few weeks.  The third time is the charm!!  I will not give up this time!  
  • Cameron loves singing now and will sing his ABCs, Happy Birthday, "Rinky-Dink", Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and more.  He loves reading books, too.  After we read a book to him he wants to read it himself to you right afterwards.  His versions of the stories are always enjoyable.  :)
  • He is wearing size 3T, more for the length than the waist size.  He is still fairly trim.  
  • At his 3 year well visit he weighed 34 pounds 2 ounces (75%) and was 38.5 inches tall (75%).  


No comments:

Post a Comment