Friday, March 29, 2013

Cameron is 11 months old!!!

I know, I say this every time, but seriously I just don't understand how it could be that he is already 11 months old.  Time just goes so fast these days, gosh I wish I could slow it down.  This evening as Frank and I were enjoying the time with both of our kids and he had finished giving Cam his bottle, I just watched both Cam and Emerson.  It doesn't feel like he is a baby anymore.  It feels like he is already growing up so much... his personality that has changed and grown into what seems to be an independent, stubborn yet sweet, sneaky, and loving little boy.  And Emerson is 2 going on 5... she is definitely a little girl now... I may use the term baby to describe her still, because she will always be my baby, but there is no denying that she is growing up.  Your babies can't remain babies forever and there are so many joyful things to experience with our kids, but why does it happen so fast?  I want to go back in time and hold Cameron and Emerson as babies again... hear their cooing... enjoy their baby smell...  On a regular basis a parent with grown children will say something like "Enjoy it all now... they grow up too fast", to which I normally say something polite like "Oh, that's what I hear" when what I want to say is "Stop reminding me because I can't do anything to stop it and it makes me sad!" as I probably almost burst into tears.  I don't say that kind of thing because I think it may make me sound like even more of a nut job when I think some people already have their concerns.  But back to Cameron, who has continued to grow so very much this last month... always learning something new!!  Here are this month's highlights:

  • We just dropped another bottle, so Cam has 2 bottles with 8-9 ounces each, and a yogurt in the afternoon.  For most of the month he had 3 bottles with 7-8 ounces each.  
  • He is eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  A combo of the pouches, stage 3 jar food that actually smells good even though it has no taste??, still enjoys the Gerber stars, and sometimes the melt away yogurt pieces.  Usually he will have at least 2-3 pouches, 1-2 jars, and some other food.
  • Now he also eats real food!  He has enjoyed scrambled eggs, sweet potato, mashed potatoes, tried some peas that were not a huge success, some cut up apple, macaroni noodles cut into small pieces, cheerios, and I think I am forgetting some other things. 
  • He is much better with the sippy cup, but still has to have help.  He would rather grab it and drop it on the floor!  That is another new game for him! 
  • Cam takes 2 naps still, one from 10-12 and another from 3-5, but sometimes he sleeps really long in the morning and then we will give him just one long nap in the afternoon.  For the most part he wakes up around 7:45-8 and is in bed around 8:30.
  • We had to buy a few more size 18 month clothes and they fit really well! 
  • He is in size 4 diapers and should be here for a little while.
  • I weighed him the other day and he was a little over 23 pounds, so I don't think his weight has changed much, but he is taller.  His legs are also skinnier, which makes me a little sad since his baby fat is going away!!
  • This little boy is super fast with crawling everywhere and can really take off.  
  • He always wants to climb up the stairs now and tries to head that way what seems like every 20 seconds.  He is relentless and every single time you will stop him and tell him "no sir" as you pick him up and he has a MELT DOWN.  It is a major insult to him... little boy has a temper!  
  • Speaking of melt down, twice this last week Cam had a tantrum... spread out flat on his belly on the floor, screaming and kicking his legs...  I thought maybe I was just imaging it when I saw it until KK confirmed.  Ha ha... so young to have a tantrum, but he was mad!!  Also related is that earlier this afternoon when Emerson wouldn't give him a toy he wanted both KK and I saw him come after her with his mouth open ready to bite her!!  I know I shouldn't laugh, but it was pretty funny.  It is not going to be long before he can really hold his own with Emerson and I think we may have WWIII in our house when that time comes!  :)
  • Cam is still also sweet with his sister and loves her and she loves him... they play together so much now.  Laughing and giggling with each other... still not sharing super well, but that is ok.  
  • Now Cameron is walking using his walker!!  He will push it around and walk behind it!!  I am not sure this means he will walk in the next month, but who knows.  He doesn't want any help with walking so it will be on his time and terms!  
  • We took Cameron on a stroll in the wagon for the first time this month and he and Emerson really enjoyed it!  
  • This month Cam also got his first hair cut, which I posted about that whole situation.  :)
  • Cam is still saying "mama" and I also think he is saying "dada".  Now we will also work on "sis". :)
  • Sometimes he drools like crazy so he pretty much always has a bib on still... he also has been really upset a few times and I think he has more teeth coming.  So far we do not see anything.
  • This month Cam also was baptized, which I posted about too. :)
  • One of my favorite things is rocking and holding Cameron at night before I lay him in bed.  I love how he holds on and lays his head on my shoulders... such a sweet little boy.  
Here are 2 videos:
Before I got my phone he was saying "mama" over and over and then when I got it out he stopped and just said it once!  :)

Getting around using his walker!!  

And now for some pictures!

My happy little boy!!


Such joy!


I love that face!

He curls his feet like this and it melts my heart... 

So happy to be outside!

The cutest little 11 month old boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment