Friday, January 9, 2015

Peace Out 2014, Hello 2015!

And just like that, another year has flown by!  I remember writing my blog post last year as I set goals for us for the year and it certainly doesn't seem like it was 12 months ago.  It seems the older I get, and I am not even "old" yet, the faster the clock spins.  This year was filled with many moments of absolute joy, lots of change (still!), great sadness at times, but this is life.  We all have ups and downs and we just never know what is going to happen tomorrow.  I am thankful for the wonderful memories we have had with our families and the kids this year.  Emerson and Cameron bring us more joy than we could ever have comprehended before having them.  Their sweet hugs and kisses do more for my soul than I could describe.  

I didn't fully achieve all of the goals I set last year... the biggest being the family history book.  Ughh... that project is a doozy... I really do need to get it going because it is important to me.  I will do this!!!

I have worked on the goal to enjoy life more and to worry less, and well,  I can't say I worry less, because that just wouldn't be true.  That is just hard for a person like me!  Will I ever not worry?  I fear not... see what I mean?  Now, I certainly enjoy life... my perspective is ever changing... We all say and know life is fragile, but when it smacks you in the face it hurts. That reality continues to confront me as it seems every year we lose someone special to us or someone very close to us has a loss that is all consuming.  Loss is hard, no way around it.  So knowing that, I want to enjoy every day I have to make memories and be with those dear to me.  I don't ever want to let something special slip by without being able to look back at it later and so I find myself taking pictures of it all... and sometimes I think that may take away from "the moment" because instead of just enjoying it I am taking a picture of it, but if I can't do something to help me remember it, will I remember it?  (See, there is that worry again...at least I see it!)  It's the small things in life that bring a collective abundance of joy and happy memories... I can't let them slip by without capturing them... I want to be able to remember as much as I can always. Not just the big events, but every day moments.  That's why I catch myself always trying to snap a picture of it... pictures mean so much to me as they help me reflect on special memories and brings smiles, sometimes tears to my eyes.  So, I'll just have to ensure I allow myself to savor special moments and continue documenting them so long as I don't take away from the moments.  That shouldn't be too hard, right?  I think I can figure that out...

Below is a little video highlighting some of my favorite pics from the last year to a song I feel is appropriate, called "I Lived" by One Republic.  The chorus says " I did it all.  I owned every second that this world could give.  I saw so many places, the things that I did.  Yeah, with every broken bone, I swear I lived."  Good song...  you can listen to it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KINfQbfZwik  I like the message in the song... live life and give it your all.  


We brought in the New Year with some super fun people.  Frank was offered Dallas Stars tickets for NYE before Christmas, which we gladly accepted.  It would be a fun thing to do, I thought, and boy did I under estimate how fun it would actually be.  We were able to watch the game from the comfort of the Fujitsu suite where we had snacks and drinks.  The Stars were playing great and everyone in the suite was having a great time.  After the game we had access to the Audi Club where we could hang out on the patio that overlooked the BigDNYE events.  It was a fantastic view of Victory Park and even though it was freezing cold, we had a wonderful time.  Our friends Tracy and Homero were at the game and were able to join us on the patio as well and we enjoyed the countdown activities together along with some other friends from Fujitsu!  I took several pictures and a video... it was so much fun!  Probably the most fun I can remember on a NYE!






 So, what is the plan for 2015?  I of course have some goals, so without further adieu...


  1. Continue working to get healthier.  Frank and I started the Utopia diet again and so far so good!  
  2. Complete the family history book... the 3rd time is a charm!  (Because yes, this is the 3rd year it has been on the list!)
  3. Do Misc. house projects--> paint the boards in Cam's room, paint the school desks, side table, and finish growth chart  (big list!)
  4. Enjoy being home with the kids!  (this is the easiest one of all!) 
  5. Read more books!  (I have to stop falling asleep when I try to read, so I need to read in the morning or when the kids are in school!)
  6. Start journaling!
  7. Stop biting my nails (oh man, this is a tough one y'all)
The kids have some goals, set by me of course...

Emerson:
  1. Master writing her ABCs and 123s
  2. Get even better at riding her bike
  3. Start flossing (shhh... don't tell the dentist... it's my fault!)
Cameron:
  1. Potty training (going to do this soon!)
  2. Learn to recognize all letters in alphabet
  3. Begin counting objects (not counting 1-10 or 1-20, but actually counting how many of something)  :)
Frank has a few:
  1. Lose 50 pounds  (Frank said this, by the way... not me)
  2. Have fun with the kids
  3. Play more golf.
I look forward to 2015... I hope it is a great year!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment