Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cam is 16 months old!

Ok, so I am a month behind on this one too, but Cam Cam is 16 months old.  Almost a month ago now he had his 15 month checkup and everything was great.

I will have to locate the sheet that has his weight on it so I can update that (seriously it is somewhere in my purse, potentially... I hope!), but I know he gained weight and bounced back up to another growth curve.  The doctor said he looked great and was pleased with his development.  He not only walks now, but almost trots along rather quickly.  Turn your back for a second and he is gone!  Now he never crawls...  :(  Funny how I couldn't wait for him to walk, and now it is a little sad that he doesn't crawl!!  (I know I am looney-tunes).  I guess it was around 13 1/2 months... it has been a while now.  I got a sweet video several weeks back of him walking all over Frank and Dorthy's driveway.  Here is that video, which I really love!  :)



Cam has started saying some more words now so he has a few that he likes to say:

Bye-Bye---  sounds like Bah-Buuuuuyyy with a sort of Texan drawl
Night-Night---  more like Nigh-Nigh
Yum--- sounds like Yum (ha ha) He says this when eating
Down--- More like Daaaunn, but hard to type how it sounds.  We know he is saying this because when you hold him he immediately starts saying it and trying to get out of your arms!  :)
Mamma and Dadda--- this is the same as before
Yeah---  Says Yeah when you ask him questions or talk to him sometimes
Unh-Unh--- So I am not sure how this is spelled, but it is him saying no when I try to take a toy from him.  We try not to say "No" all the time so we say Unh-Unh... he is doing the same to us.

He also repeats sounds you make... for example, if we say to him "Say ball" he will copy the sound, but he doesn't say ball all the time without being prompted.

Also, he doesn't say no, but he adamantly shakes his head left and right to let us know of his disapproval to whatever it is.  If he doesn't like the food, lots of head shaking.  If he doesn't want to come to you when you tell him to he shakes his head.  Actually, pretty much any time you ask him something he will shake his head no unless you are offering milk or some kind of treat.

Just a few short weeks ago Cam would eat pretty much anything.  We commented often how fantastic it was that he was such a good eater and was so flexible.  But then suddenly he changed his mind and pretty much overnight stopped liking some of his old favorites... no much fruit or apple sauce pouches... he can't stand them now...  doesn't like yogurt like he did before... he doesn't even like macaroni it seems!!  I don't know what happened... it is crazy.  It really feels like he suddenly got tired of those things.  So we will keep trying and giving him different foods.  Maybe this is just a phase... of course everything is "just a phase".

Something else is happening more and more often, though...  Sweet little guy has developed a pretty big temper.  It was fairly infrequent before, but now he often throws what seems to be a tantrum.  Legs are pulsing up and down kicking, screaming on and on... HEAD BUTTING me!!!  And he tries to slap my face sometimes, too!  He doesn't know how to process the anger, so we are working on that.  Don't get me wrong... he is still my little prince charming... he melts my heart, but he has a temper for sure.  :)

Cam loves his naps and to go to bed.  You tell him it is time for night-night and he giggles!!  He can hardly contain his excitement sometimes when I am changing him to get to bed...  I try snuggling with him and he usually almost tries to climb out of my arms into bed!!  While this is usually the case the other night I was holding him and he was comfortable in my arms and made that sweet baby sigh... that sound that little itty bitty newborns make sometimes.  It almost made me cry... I squeezed him and kissed him and laid him down to sleep.   Usually he is in bed by 8:30 or so and wakes up between 7:30 and 8...  usually!!  :)

He is great about responding to commands... we will ask him to drink more milk when he is shoveling food in his mouth and sometimes he disagrees, but many times he will take a drink like we ask.  When you tell him you are going to change his diaper he will sometimes go over to the diapers and try to open the cabinet to pull them out and then walks over to the couch... KK showed me that the other day.  In the morning I will pick him up and tell him to say bye-bye to the pacifier and many times he takes it out and drops it in the crib and then tosses his lovies in there as well.  He knows what it means to "go upstairs" and heads to the stairs to go up.  When people say bye-bye he says it back and sort of waves.  He is learning new things every week and copies his big sister on a lot of things!

Alecia took some fantastic family pictures for us several weeks ago that I need to post on here and I have not taken as many pictures lately, so I just have a couple of pictures of Cam for now.  Look at how big our little munch is getting!

Sometimes he still sleeps with his legs curled up under him and I think it is so sweet.

Look at that sweet smile!  

No comments:

Post a Comment