Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mother's Day and the start of Summer!

Mother's Day this year was quite different than last year... it was double the blessing!  Cameron was just 2 weeks old then.  He cooperated much better for the pictures than Emerson!  Frank's parents were in town and we all enjoyed brunch at Nico's on their patio.  It was really nice and surprisingly calm.  Cameron was very easy going just hanging out in his carseat while we ate and Emerson was her normal playful self.  

Cameron- 2 weeks old on Mother's Day 2012

The one picture we got out of 25 attempts!  :)

We are also looking forward to a fun summer!  Emerson is especially already enjoying the sunshine.  We have taken her swimming at the neighborhood pool when Frank's family was in town and Frank has gotten her in our hot-tub as well (not turned on hot of course!).  She loves to splash so much!!  While they are outside swimming Mom and Cameron hang out in the air conditioned house. :)

I think this lighting is pretty cool looking!

In our neighborhood pool.

 D  I  V  A !
Enjoying swimming in the hot tub :)

The other "event" I guess I should mention is that I did have my 30th birthday.  :)  I have been more cranky about this than I thought I would be, but I am having a celebration with friends in another week or so.  I just couldn't see myself really relaxing and having a night out with such a young newborn, but I decided to go for it anyway.  :)  On my birthday we did have a great day with my family.  With it being Memorial Day weekend we had lots of delicious food including ribs, BBQ chicken, sausage, and slow cooked brisket... oh, and my mom's famous potato salad.  It was a wonderful day with my family and filled with more activity than normal... we were all pooped at the end of the day!

Just us.  :)

I have been thinking about writing a blog post about Emerson that would be sort of a massive milestone and photo log that as briefly as possible covered the things she achieved from birth to 18 months, but I am not sure I will get to it.  It would be nice since I didn't blog when she was so young... so we will see!  

No comments:

Post a Comment