Thursday, January 24, 2013

2013 Hopes and Goals :)

I have been meaning to write just a quick little post on what I hope 2013 brings and what we are planning to do individually and as a family.

Personally there are a few things for me, some of which are standard goals every year to be honest!  But not all!

Emily's goals-
  • Lose weight/exercise more -  I have actually been doing a detox, which has been successful.  I lost 7-8 pounds, but I have been cheating more here lately.  But this is ok, I am going to continue on with the goal.  This means healthier eating and a lot more exercise.  I am going to be running again and I am really excited to start that up!
  • Go to church more- I guess this is more of a family goal...We have not been good about this yet, but we are going to work on it.  :)
  • Work on the family history book- I started this massive project early in Cam's pregnancy or around that time and gave up because I wasn't feeling well, then I was busy with other stuff and the rest is history.  So I am going to start that up again because it is a very important project to me. 
  • Cook at home more/try new recipes- This sort of goes along with the lose weight goal, but recently I have found that a lot of recipes look fun, healthy, and are within my cooking skill set!  :)  I also hope to feed Cameron (& Emerson) more of what we eat rather than feed them different meals than what we eat.  I think this will be a process.  It is not my forte.  
So these things are on top of me being the best mom, wife, daughter, friend, etc that I can be, which is something I really do try very hard to do and be.  I will continue to blog about the things we have going on in our lives for us to remember and for family and friends to know what we have going on.  

Frank's goals-
  • Lose weight/exercise more-  Ok, so I had a small part in this, but seriously, this is one of Frank's goals that he WANTS to do.  :)
  • Keep up with yard maintenance- Frank enjoys pruning and weeding, no joke.  So he is going to stay on top of the landscaping so it looks good year round.  :)
  • Teach Emerson how to play golf/take the kids to the course- Frank is excited to start teaching and showing Emerson the golf fundamentals.  She may be young, but I think she already has the idea!

Emerson's goals-
  • Be a sweet big sister 
  • Be potty trained
  • Learn to play golf
  Ha ha, no, I am not really setting goals for my 2 1/2 year old, but I thought this would be funny.   But since I did list some I guess I will list a couple for Cam as well.

Cameron's goals-
  • Learn to walk
  • Start sleeping longer in the mornings, like until 8 or so :)
  • Say "Momma" for real and say it first :)   (I am still not counting that he is saying it even though he says a "mamamamamama" sound.)  
While we can't predict or know what will come our way in 2013, we know we have the most amazing support system with both of our families and some truly compassionate and loving friends.  We just received some very difficult and challenging news with Frank's family.  We will be leaning on our family and friends for support to get through this time.  And we hope and pray that 2013 will bring healing and health to his family and that all of our loved ones will be in good health.

Some of my friends have some wonderful and exciting things in their lives to look forward to this year and I am so happy and glad for them.  I am thankful to be in their lives to share in their joy!  We are also so very excited to go to Hawaii this summer with my family.  The kids will be staying behind and will be missed, but we are looking forward to the special time together in paradise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment