Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The End of Summer- Almost Anyway!

I have to say I am relieved that the summer is coming to an end.  For parents with kids in school summer ended last weekend, but I am waiting for Labor Day.  After that mother nature hopefully will cooperate and we will have temperatures in the lower 90s.  I am OVER the high temperatures!!  :)  

We have really had fun this past month spending more time with family.  It is really great that both of our families live so close... we are so blessed to be able to easily see them.  I know they all enjoy spending time with our kids, and our kids love them too!

This last weekend I went to a Journey concert with my sister and that was so much fun... and expensive!  I just HAD to buy a $40 shirt (in hindsight I see that was rather unnecessary) and had a beer (Miller Light of course), hotdog, and pizza!  Talk about letting loose!  We had great seats and I loved singing along to my favorite songs.  While many friends will think that my favorite song is "Don't Stop Believing", I would say that "Open Arms" and "Faithfully" are also my favorites... it would be hard to pick just one.  While at the concert my sister commented that it would have been really cool to see Guns N' Roses... specifically Sweet Child O' Mine.  And it makes me think about how music is "not like it used to be".  I must be getting old to be using that phrase.  ;)  Musicians now are just so different though... they can't really sing... they are all 15... and the songs don't have the awesome electric guitar solos.  The only current musician that is truly from "my time" that I really like is Rob Thomas/Matchbox 20, which is completely different music!  They have great songs... Why haven't I been to one of his concerts???  I will make this happen soon.  :)

Also noteworthy this month is Frank's golf tournament, the Club Championship.  Frank started out in the Championship flight, the creme de la creme of the course players, but he unfortunately lost on Friday.  :(  That put him in First Flight the next day, which most people would be extremely happy with anyway.  While he was disappointed about the loss Friday, he played exceptionally well Saturday and continued to win both matches Sunday.  This meant he won First Flight and we were invited to the fancy schmancy dinner Sunday evening to celebrate.  I was busy with the kids so I wasn't able to workout Sunday during the day, but I would argue that the effort I had to make to get my spanx on so I looked somewhat attractive in my black dress was quite the workout itself.  There were a few moments where I thought it would't happen, and I almost fell over a few times, but I did it.  And Frank of course looked handsome in his suit.  I wish we had taken a picture together, but we didn't think about it gosh darn it!  It was certainly nice food, and I was able to enjoy talking with some of the other wives.  I was one of the few who hadn't had "work" done of some kind, and likely one of the few with a job! Ha ha...  But, we had fun and I am proud of my hubby for winning.  He loves the game of golf like nobody I know, except maybe one person who I won't call out on my blog, but you know who you are.  :)

Here are a few pics from this month.  Tomorrow night I will post Cam's 4 month update.  :)

I made it rain for Emerson  :)

She was having fun painting/coloring

Yay, they loved seeing Uncle Glenn

I really like this picture  :)

Cuddling with Grandad

Bubbles!  She can't get enough and he likes them too!

He was talking to CC... and giving her his sweet smile

No comments:

Post a Comment