Monday, July 30, 2012

Man, it is hot out there!

It's definitely the middle of the summer!  The temperatures finally reached 100+ degrees and we are all feeling it!  The pleasant and much cooler May and June months spoiled me and this past month has really been sweltering.  But the heat doesn't stop us from having fun!!  What is the best thing to do to beat the heat?  SWIM!  We have done lots of that and plan to continue enjoying the summer spending time at the pool.  Other than swimming we are not up to too much.  Since we had a rough start to July we have enjoyed the lack of crazy activity.  We did start potty training Emerson this month though... but we decided to give it a rest since she was not catching on.  We think we will try again in a couple of months so we will see then how it goes.  It's interesting how varied the opinions are with the whole subject... one end of the spectrum is telling me she should be ready and there are some who say I tried way too early.  I'm not worried or stressed about it... she isn't going to be wearing them when she goes to kindergarten and we have plenty of time to figure it out.  :)  Frank and I also celebrated our 7th Anniversary.  My parents came and watched the kiddos so we could go to dinner at Maggiano's and we really enjoyed ourselves!  It's been a wonderful seven years... some of the time we have had challenges, but through the happy and the sad we have been there for each other.  I love Frank with all my heart even though I give him hell on a regular basis.  :)  God sent me a very patient and kind hearted man... I am very blessed.

Here are a few pictures of some fun stuff our family has done this month.  :)

We love weekend mornings and fixing breakfast.  :)

Cameron was hanging out while we fixed breakfast.

She loves splashing water! 

Having fun!

Gotta try first thing in the morning!

Emily (KK's daughter) painted Emerson's toes- her first time!  :)

My sweetie and her pretty smile.

Just hanging out at the pool with Paul-Paul (as she says it)

 Happy Birthday Auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment